Home of the Forest Hills Central High School Rowing Team
2016 Fall Rowing Season
- To allow those student/athletes who have not been a part of the program an opportunity to try rowing and learn the basics in a less competitive and relaxed atmosphere. - For experienced team members to improve their skills and rowing technique while maintaining their fitness level.
Who can join:
The fall season is open to any high school athlete (new or returning) interested in rowing.
Commitment / Practice schedule:
- Practices will be held 3 days a week, starting on September 13, 2016 from 6:00-8:00 p.m. at the boathouse. Practices will be held on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings.
-The fall season culminates with a scrimmage and potluck BBQ on Saturday, October 8, 2016 at the boathouse.
- We understand that some athletes are involved in other school related activities such as marching band or other sports. The fall season is NOT mandatory and therefore each athlete can determine their level of commitment. The more practices that are attended, the more the athlete will be prepared for the Spring season which starts in March.
- Participation in fall rowing WILL NOT affect the opportunity for an athlete to compete on the team during the Spring Season. All athletes will be given the same opportunity in the Spring, including new team members.
- The cost for the fall season is $75. This cost will cover all practice and competitive opportunities and covers our expenses to run the program.
(Please note that FHC Rowing will never turn down an athlete for financial reasons)
-The FHC participation fee does not apply to the fall rowing season, nor does the sports physical requirement.
The registration form for the fall rowing season is below. Please print and bring this to the open house on Thursday, September 8, 2016. The open house will be held at the boat house from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.